The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Monday, January 9, 2012

A Sunday Blessing

Saturday, Cedar Fever hit with a vengeance and even though I awoke feeling much better yesterday, by the time Gloria and her kids got there, my fever was rising.  Cedar fever season is not my friend.

We had a beautiful day outside.  Waylon grilled hamburgers and the kids, Gloria's 4, ages 4-15 and Roo, age 2, all played well together.  Roo so enjoyed all the older kids.  Waylon and I took turns pitching to Devon and Gloria's son Dominic.  2 balls and 2 bats could get a little complicated and confusing but oh the fun.

By the time they left, I was ready to turn in.  My fever was up over 100 and once again, my throat was on fire.  Yeah, I know, being outside was not a good idea but it was worth it to enjoy the day with the kids.  Such fun!!

Roo was so funny.  It was evident that he was very tired when Waylon left about 6:30 to take Gloria and her kids home.  Roo wanted to watch his favorite movie, The Tangerine Bear, so I popped it in and then got about cleaning the house.  I looked in to see how he was doing (about 5 min after I started the movie) and he was sitting on the floor, with his head hanging down, asleep.  I got him in bed and when I left for work this morning (before 6am), he was still zonked out.

Thank you Lord for the blessing of this day, time with friends and family and much laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment