The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Saturday, October 20, 2012

Hidden treasure

I forgot to take the before pic but if I had, all you would have seen was one little patch of white.  Just need to find the feet so I can finish getting her dug out.  Got to find some Studley Do Rights to hoist her to the top.

The tub is 16" deep.  Between scooping out the inside and digging around it to the bottom, we moved a lot of dirt.  Not sure how much more digging to find the feet but after 5 hours, my body was saying stop.

I love finding hidden treasure, especially when it is in my own back yard.  Well, OK, my neighbors backyard.




 
 
UPDATE:  The tub has been removed.    We now have it in my back yard.
 
Waylon came and lifted it out with a little help from mom and me.  Bummer, it did not have any claw feet but that is OK.  I am still quite please with my hidden treasure.
 
 
My crew!

I think I probably should treat them to a nice steak dinner for all their hard work.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Waylon came over! Things a little better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waylon is at my house only out of necessity, no job, no money, was living in his car, lost most of his possessions. A little change of attitude but not much. He stays a night and then leaves. He is in God's hands and I continue to pray.

      First time he came to the house, I let him know I had no money or ability to help him. Ticked him off, he left and came back about 5 days later. I have seen him once a week for about a month but he mainly stays in his room.

      As I said, he is in God's hands. I keep my mouth shut and pray (per God's instructions).

      Delete
  2. I love that picture!

    You should add a quote, and sell copies. :) (Just make sure to keep the original.) There is a good program called Paint.net (not the Paint that comes with Windows) that is free & is pretty easy to work with. I use it for basic photo editing.

    Here are a couple of quotes that i ran across...

    "If we and our posterity reject religious instruction and authority, violate the rules of eternal justice, trifle with the injunctions of morality, and recklessly destroy the political constitution which holds us together, no man can tell how sudden a catastrophe may overwhelm us, that shall bury all our glory in profound obscurity.” ~ Daniel Webster


    “We know more about the movement of celestial bodies than about the soil underfoot.” ~ Leonardo DaVinci, circa 1500s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea! I will have to check it out.

      Delete