The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Monday, January 2, 2012

Flannel rag quilts

I went to the thrift store and got quite a few flannel sheets and pillowcases.  Time to get sewing.  Waylon's girlfriend has 4 kids and things are looking pretty serious between them.  Think I will get a jumpstart on making quilts for their Christmas present.

The first rag quilt I made, I sent to Waylon when he lived in Minnesota.  He told me it smelled like home to him and that he never wanted to wash it.  When he moved back to Texas, he made a request for a bigger one, one he could really wrap up in.  The first one is more like a lap cover 49" wide x 63" long.  The second quilt I made him was about the size of a twin bedspread. My friends all contributed scripture and agreed to pray those scriptures over my son's life.  When Waylon met Kristina, she declared the quilt hers so I made Waylon one more quilt.  When they got a divorce, all 3 quilts came to my house with him.  One day, Waylon's brother-in-law was at the house with him.  JT made a comment about the quilt (2nd one) and how everyone loved to use that quilt when spending the night with Waylon and Kristina.  JT said it always made him sleep better. I finally shared about the scriptures I had put on every piece of batting in the squares.

Quilts remind me so much of God's love for me.  Putting a quilt about my shoulders is like getting a big hug from God.   Not to mention that the flannel is so soft and warm, just like God's love for me. 

In case I haven't told you lately, Jesus I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment