The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Monday, January 2, 2012

My Journey with Jesus

2012 slipped in quietly at my house.  Roo and I were tucked into our beds, while visions of who knows what, danced through our heads.  Waylon was sickly and mom was prickly (Roo wears her down pretty fast).

The sermon at church was awesome, just what I needed to hear to get my rear in gear.  My neighbor, Joan,  came over for a lunch of chile verde and then we had Roo's Christmas.  What a delight!

This morning, I headed to H.E.B. to buy breakfasts and lunches for the week.  I hit the reduced meat bonanza: 1 pkg Beef Flank steak kit, 5 - 1.5# pcks Natural Angus ground meat, 1 pk  - 1.5# Extra Lean ground meat, 5 - 3+ lbs ground meat, 6 - 1.5# pks ground meat, 3 pks chicken hearts and 1 pck chicken necks - all for $37.46 or $1.00/lb for meat.  THANK YOU JESUS!  I will make some meatloafs and salisbury steak to put in the freezer for families who have illness, etc, some ground meat will go to families in need.  One friend and I will swap some ground meat for her farm fresh eggs.  Sorry guys but the chicken hearts are all mine.  LOVE THEM!!

God and I have been at odds over some things happening in my life and I have allowed the whispers of satan to override God's truth.  When I hit the meat bonanza this morning, God showed me that in spite of my acting like a brat, He still loves me, He cares about my needs and He knows my hurt heart will heal.

I love you Lord! 

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, God's pretty thick-skinned with his children. Listens to what He needs to, not to the other crap that bubbles out at times. Good luck with this new blog!

    ReplyDelete