The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Rested and rain

It only took me 3 nights of sleep to finally get rested from Roo's visit.  Love having my energy back.  Perhaps I can get caught up here at work and then go home and start sewing my quilt squares again.

We had severe storms last night.  The worst hit east of us in Austin.  The news was reporting flooding conditions this morning.  Several people already had to be rescued from either their homes or vehicles.  Power is out in many places.  Thankfully, our temps are only in the 50's so people just need to bundle up a little to stay warm   Last I heard, some places in Austin had received 6" of rain. 

Areas west of us could sure use the rain.  We need the upper waterways to start flowing this way in order to fill our lakes.  Sure would like to be able to go fishing this year.  Not a single boat dock is in the water right now except on Lake LBJ, which is more of a  recreational than fishing lake.  My favorite fishing lake, Buchanan was down 23' and Lake Travis is still down about 54' at main pooling area. 

Father, thank you for restoring my energy.  I can't thank you enough for this cleansing and replenishing rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment