The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Monday, April 2, 2012

Disconnecting the power

We continue to have internet issues at our office.  While I was fussing that once again I could not send emails with an attachment, God reminded me of another internet issue in my life, back in 2009.  This is an excerpt from an email sent out to my prayer group.

I did something really head banging this weekend. I was taking staples, nails, etc off the outside walls, getting ready to have my house painted. I do not have any TV except the local station (yep, can only get 1 station) so I decided to remove the old TV cable that was on the house when I bought it.

Guess what???? Totally forgot the cable also went to my recently installed internet. The poor girl at the internet office was trying not to laugh while I explained why I needed new cable at my house. She suggested I put the cable I had removed on my porch and the serviceman would be glad to hook it back up. Her snickering increased when I told her I cut up the cable so it would fit in the trash can. We both started laughing.

How many times have we disconnected the cable and yanked out the staples? You see, God is like that cable. He is the source of our power and the staples are the sisters in Christ He has put in our lives to support us through prayer, words of encouragement and often, a good dose of accountability.

While I can laugh about temporarily disconnecting my internet service, it is no laughing matter to disconnect myself from God!

No comments:

Post a Comment