The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Thursday, April 19, 2012

Full as a dog tick

Again, this was an email in 2009 to my email prayer group.
 
We have had a lot of rain since Labor Day and more to come. It is like God is restoring the days of drought. As much rain as we have had, I read that we are still in drought conditions. I got a little over an 1" of rain at my house yesterday. The ground is so saturated with moisture that the rain was standing in pools around the yard, slowly sinking in.


When I was married, we lived in the country, a place north of Houston. It was very humid and ticks on the dogs were abundant. One day, my husband pulled a very full dog tick off Wolf. Wolf was a malamute/timberwolf mix. His fur was very thick and it was hard to see the ticks until they were ready to pop. Waylon, who was about 3 at the time, was in awe of the size of the tick. After we had eaten supper that night, Waylon looked down at his tummy and said, "Daddy, I'm full as a dog tick!"


Are we full as a dog tick? Are we saturated in God's Word? Are we about ready to bust we are so full?    We should be so full we just "ooze" Jesus!! 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. That HAS to be the most repulsive way to think of God that I've ever heard of. Thankfully He overcomes even the grossest imagry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete