The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Friday, April 20, 2012

Peaceful sleep

This email to the prayer group is from March 2012.
We had Roo this past weekend! I love that he is so creative in his play. For quite sometime, if something does not move etc likes he thinks, he says it is "stuck-ed". His new game? He will put his feet someplace, like under the ottoman or bed or his big Scobey Doo and then holler, "Mo Mo, I stuck-ed". My job of course, is to rescue him. I run to where he is, ask him if he is stuck-ed and then he lifts his arms to me to get him unstuck-ed. We give each other a big hug and he is off to another adventure only later, to be stuck-ed again.


Our loved ones and even maybe some of us, are "stuck-ed". We just need to call on our Father to come and rescue us, to lift our arms so that He can pull us out of our "stuck-edness", give us a hug and send us on another adventure.


I do have to share a true piece of joy. Saturday, they called Waylon into work so I had the nighttime Roo watch. He had a rough night, a lot of night terrors, which means, this Mo Mo only got about an hour of sleep on Saturday night. Sunday, I was in that drowsy stage all morning so instead of coming in from work and sleeping, Waylon stayed up with Devon and let me try to catch a few zzzzz's. By 7pm, Waylon could no longer keep his eyes open, after all, he had been up for over 24 hours. He told me to wake him and he would do his nighttime ritual with Devon. But God gave me a blessing, a true bit of joy. Devon was watching Toy Story in my room so I decided to read a book in bed. Waylon and mom were asleep, the house was dark. Next thing I know, Roo is climbing on my bed. He will usually bring a book and sit next to me. Not this time. This time he came and propped his head on my chest to watch his movie, which lasted all of about 5 minutes before he was at peace. I did not have to wake an exhausted Waylon and I got the blessing of loving on him as he drifted off to sleep, which Waylon usually does before he goes to work. Another blessing, a night of peace for my Roo and a night of sleep for me.


Do you think that is what God wants from us? To lay our head on His chest, to hear His heart beat, as He loves us on while we drift off to sleep? Sounds like a good thing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment