The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Thursday, June 21, 2012

I should have opened a bookstore

The trunk of my car and my backseat are full of books, most going to the church, the rest to a local thriftstore that supports the abused women's shelter.  There are several hundred books in my car and I still have about 400 books in my room.  I think I way underestimated the number of books on the shelves.  These books do not include the ones in the living room, my mom's room and Waylon's room. No wonder I greatly dislike dusting them.

With all these books and the close to 1,000 I donated to 3 different church libraries, I should have opened a bookstore.

3 comments:

  1. You really should have!

    Used bookstores are where I have found some of my greatest treasures. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of my books cost less than $1 and come from garage sales. Working 2 jobs and helping with Roo, I do not get to read as often as I once did.

      Delete
  2. wow!! a used bookstore will buy them from you, usually for 20% of the price...then they resell the book for 50% of the price. I buy most of my books at used book stores.

    ReplyDelete