The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Thursday, June 21, 2012

Changes on the horizon

Waylon gets Roo the whole month of July.  Yippee!!!!   Which means, by the end of July, this MoMo will be a zombie but perhaps a thinner zombie from all the playing with Roo I get to do.  Having Roo will also mean less time to blog, clean, sew, etc.  Not complaining one bit.
I am in a cleaning/uncluttering mode.  I love books but what good is a book that merely collects dust when someone else could be enjoying it.  I will not be parting ways with my Richard Paul Evans, Charles Martin and Kay Arthur books.  No sirreeee!  I might even keep my Tedd Dekker and Frank Peretti books.  The other 500 books will be donated to the church library, which is just getting started .  At least I can go periodically go visit them.
I have kept every Bible study but only a couple have I gone back over.  Definitely time to toss 20 years of Bible studies.

Office and school supplies are being given to the Food Pantry for families in need.  I will keep what I know I will use, not what I may one day use.

I have quite a few cd's, most given to me, that just sit on a shelf.  Time to part with most of them.  Same goes for the dvd's.

While I would love to get all this uncluttering done this weekend, I have offered to help Davey remove his deer stands and feeders off the lease.  His health is limiting his ability to hunt.  Truthfully, there is no rush on the uncluttering but I am in the mode and I never know when the mode will end.

I think part of this uncluttering mode is coming from the fact I am starting to clean out the office and pack things away.  I still have a job but my boss is not sure how much longer we will be in business. 

Gene is a "contract" regional manager for food brokers.  We have the West and Southwest US.  Our 2 remaining clients have hired marketing presidents. Both are named Scott, both are young, and both are micromanagers.  Both Scott's want younger regional managers and my boss, who is almost 68, is one of the youngest.  Add his age to the fact that we are the only contract manager left for both clients and the handwriting is on the wall.  There are not many contract managers left in the US.  Due to changes in the food industry, most companies can now have a regional manager on staff cheaper than they can hire a contract manager. 

Back on track! All of this is to say, I am preparing to have a major life change and uncluttering is something I need to do, both mentally and physically.

And speaking of work, gotta go!


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Do you have any job possibilities where you are?

      At least I have time to prepare for the adjustment. Gene has been my boss since 1995, both at the company where we worked and then when he started his own business.

      Prior to working for Gene, I was helping my ex on a construction job site and his boss hired me on the spot to do office work. I worked for that man for 9 years.

      Except for 4 of the past 26 years, I have been a one girl office. Not sure I can work well with others or under someone anymore.

      I have been spoiled to be able to do my job, my way, my time.

      This is a small town so not sure if I can even get employment that will pay anywhere close to my present salary.

      Let's see, possibility of having to move to get a job, having to take direction from someone, having to actually have other people in the office besides me, updating my wardrobe from capris to office attire.... Yep, lots of change coming.

      Delete
    2. looking, but not intently yet. We get a generous settlement and are hoping at SOME vacation. However I am floating out resumes.

      Delete
    3. Resume, haven't done one in over 20 years but I do have my last one. When the business closes, I plan on taking 2 weeks off.

      Not much of a settlement package comes my way. I do the bookwork and I know how much the company has. My boss has said he would make my house payment for a few months which is better than nothing.

      I know one thing, God has always been faithful so when the time is right, the right job will be there for me.

      Delete
  2. good luck!! I declutter a lot..so much stuff accumulates it is unbelievable if I don't stay on top of it....I do keep my Bible study stuff though..and wonder sometimes why? i also never looked back on it...
    good luck with the job situation....hope every thing works out just the way you wish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! You do have a lot of changes coming, girl!

    One thing that might be a good option for you is bookkeeping. I did that for a few state agencies that were so small that I had to work nights & weekends to make use of the offices. It was pretty cool to look out over downtown Austin at night, from a high-rise.

    Now "officially retired," my mom is doing bookkeeping for a small business. It seems there are many companies who don't want to handle that side of the business, although it is an integral part.

    I know God will provide the right place for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and 500 books!!!

      We have a lot in common... I actually have collected books for some time. When I was in my early 20s I started trying to find copies of books that I remembered from my childhood. I ran across some with fantastic art, as well. My collection took off from there.

      I have a little of everything. Although I haven't counted mine, all I know is that it took 9 boxes when we moved, and I now have a small English library for my students (of every level). :] I find it very hard to give books away (unless I find them uninteresting, lol). I truly want more, more, more... Ha-ha.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I love meeting fellow bookaholics. My whole house would probably be a library if it wasn't for Mom and Waylon moving in with me. Sharing a room with a growing Roo, means more books need to move out.

      Actually, what started it all was God. I was hoarding books from which others could benefit. New Hope got about 500 of my books when I moved. Donating them to churches means I can go by and visit my books every once in a while.

      Other than a few, I find I do not go back and re-read them as planned. Too many new ones to read.

      Delete