The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Sunday, June 24, 2012

Lessening the load

We were triple digits yesterday so it was a good day to work inside.  Books have been thinned out, as well as the cds, dvds and office supplies.  My car is loaded with goodies for the thrift store.  I still have more stuff to go through, mainly piles of paper and then finish cleaning my room before Roo comes in July.

While I know I still have too much stuff, the dusting load has lessened.

Since most of my yard is mulched and spotted with plants, there is very little mowing.  A very important wire broke on my lawn mower and the cost of repair was not worth it. I am looking at getting a reel mower which will take up much less space, require no gas, oil, spark plug, filter, etc.  The only area I mow will take about 10 minutes with a reel mower.

Anyway, we did what we normally do with stuff too big to haul off, we set the lawn mower at the end of the drive with a free sign on it.  Within 10 minutes, a couple drove by my house, stopped and loaded the mower in their SUV.  Then a funny thing happened!  The woman took a picture of the man with mower while he sat with in the van.  Guess they were proud of their freebie.  I know I was glad I did not have to figure out how to haul it away! 

I am hoping to finish making the feed bag totes for my friend.  She gives me farm fresh eggs in exchange for me making the totes.  Love the barter system.

Guess I best get on with my day.  There is a couple of things I would like to get done before heading to church.

No comments:

Post a Comment