The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Saturday, July 28, 2012

Not an artist

I am not an artist but it was fun working on the tanks.  I used only what I had around my room of "Good Intentions".

This was once an old propane bottle that came with the house.  It had been used to start the fireplace in the bedroom.  The bottle was not refillable due to condition. 



Next came an old air tank for helium balloons.  Got it awhile back at a garage sale for 50¢.  Remember, art is not my forte so in case you can't tell, it is a pig.



This is an old air tank that no longer worked.   Tried to make it look like a sleeping cat.  My neighbor's cat will have to find another place to sleep.



A few old cracked ceramic pots and some paint and I now have a shallow birdbath for the songbirds. Originally, it wasn't leaning but a few squirrels decided to have fun on it. I tried to straighten the pots back up but was afraid they would break.





Mom even tried her hand at the birdbath.  It is good to use up all those partial cans of spray paint.



An old windmill I rescued from the trash.   The 2 broken blades gave it some character.  It was not easy painting the blades.



A neighbor gave us an old plastic toddler bed.  It once was white, but no more.  Should have taken the picture before the zinnas started dying.



Not only did my neighbor give us the bed but she also gave us a bunch of old brassy butterflies.  Of course, for those who know me. they did not stay brassy for long.  Thought they would give some charm to my room of Good Intentions.



Potluck Sunday at my house tomorrow so best get cleaning.


2 comments: