The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Wednesday, August 29, 2012

It is almost here!!!

I leave Friday from my full time job, go work my part time job and then head to my friend's cabin for my mini sabbatical. 

With no phones (cell or land), no tv, no computer and limited opportunities for interruption, I do believe God and I can get back on track.  OK, so I am the one who changed tracks and derailed. The point is, I am heading back in the right direction.

While gone, I wanted to communicate with God about my job and my relationship with Waylon.  Sunday I got an added issue to talk to God about, Waylon is being tested for liver/colon cancer.  With our rocky relationship, not sure he will let me know the results of the test.  And yes, I know I can commune with God, anywhere, anytime, however, I need uninterrupted one on one time with Him.

I am taking a craft project with me, magnetic bookmarks.  This project has been staring me in the face everyday for 2 years. Of course, it will have to be early morning when I work on it as there is NO AIR CONDITIONING.  I think my friends consider me certifiable at spending 10 days in a place with no A/C and close to triple digit temps.  Most of my time will be spent in the stock tank staying cool.  I am sure God won't mind me staying cool while we chat.

I have loaded up on Joyce Meyer cassettes and cd's to listen to while staying cool.  They were freebies at a garage sale so now is a great time to listen to them.  With no computer, I cannot listen to Kay Arthur while I am away :(

I have a few goals while I am away. 
     1.  Pray and listen
     2.  Try to break the Dr. Pepper habit.  Not taking any with me and it is too far to town to go get one.
     3.  Start new eating habits.  I have gained 65 pounds and on my short frame, it doesn't look good and more importantly, it is not good for me.  At my age, losing those pounds is so much harder.  Nine days of healthy eating should do this body good.  Granted, I will be gone 10 days but I am splurging and treating myself to shrimp enchiladas when I go in town to replenish my supplies. (Kind of sounds like the old west days)
     4.  Go walking, although I will have to be careful as it is hilly, very rocky and there are such varmints as snakes, ferel hogs, deer and of course, the sheep and goats that are raised by the owners.  No need to get in the way of a barbado ram and his big horns.  Thought I would share a few pics of the varmints I downloaded from the internet.  I try not to stay around them long enough to take their pic.



rattlesnake - no explanation needed of why I do not want to come across one


I doubt the ranch has any feral hogs this size but thought I would throw in the pic of a big one just for good measure.  Feral hogs are taking over Texas and if left in the wild, they can get really big.  This one was killed in Brownsville TX.




Although they tend to run when you come around, one just might get a little protective of his lady love.

I think this should fill my time.  I want to come back with a new attitude and the start of a healthier me. 






2 comments:

  1. enjoy your time!! I would love to be doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome! Hope you had a blast...

    Those pics were great. C couldn't get over the size of that hog...

    ReplyDelete