The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Friday, August 17, 2012

Murphy's Law

It was just one of those days at work yesterday.  Murphy's Law ruled and not with just one of our clients.  Order issues, shipping issues, samples shipped to wrong place, .... 


           1.  Do not ask me to add product to an order that has yet to be submitted.  Include the product and send in the order.  This would have saved me and the order department several hours of trying to find an order we didn't yet have.  Talking to someone about an order is not the same as sending in the actual order.

           2.  When sending out samples, please note the broker number, ship to address and whether or not this is a new order or a revised order, to avoid sending 6 shippers to someone who does not need them and has no freezer space to store them.  Again, this not only saves me time but keeps me from having to pacify very upset brokers and customers, as well.  And no, they cannot make a 12 hour round trip drive to get the shippers you shipped wrong.

           3.  No, I did not get the shipping dates and outside storage information.  You have known about this conference call for 4 days.  Now, you want to review this information with all of us and we have nothing to look at.  Oh, yes, I will be more than happy to twiddle my thumbs while you get organized.

           4.  I am sorry you shipped the wrong case pack to Texas.  I am sure our distributor won't mind not having any product to put on the shelf and suffering a loss of sales.  Would you like to be the one to share this wonderful bit of news with him??

          
Makes me extremely grateful for the days that run smooth.

1 comment: