The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Friday, October 12, 2012

Booboo and the beauty

After yesterday mornings car booboo (see previous post), I arrive home to find beauty. 

First, a car update.  The damage is almost as much as the car is worth.  I really can't afford a car payment so will see what the insurance company says.  Not only was it the grill, headlight and backdoor but there is a crack in the hood and it cracked another lens.  The auto shop did give me all my options should I choose just to have repairs.

Second, comes the beauty.  In my previous post, I showed the Fall Aster that was just ready to burst.  Well it did. 

Here are the BEFORE pictures.

 
 
And now, the AFTER
 




By tonight, most of the rest of the buds should be open.


A beautiful end to my day that did not start out so great. 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Are the deer fond of these flowers? My mom can't seem to keep hers for any length of time, as the deer seem to like whatever she plants. {{If you plant it, they will come.}} ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The deer have not bothered the Fall Asters. Although the backyard is fenced, they can and have jumped into it, but only to eat the vegetable garden. I have some Fall Asters in the front yard too, which is not fenced in, but at this point the deer have left them alone. I guess there is too many other tasty treats in my yard. They love the jasmine, daisies, agastache, roses....

      You are sooooo right, if you plant it they DO COME!

      Delete
  2. Wow, the flowers are gorgeous! Oh, and sorry I didn't say anything about the car yesterday. Still trying to get used to the new schedule. Hopefully insurance will cut you a good deal. Too bad there was no way to return the lumber to that guy... real personal-like...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love my whole yard right now, all the reds,yellows, pinks and purples. So enjoy sitting in the porch swing taking it all in.

      I take my car in Monday so they can do a more thorough check on it. My insurance company is top rated and have never failed to do the right thing.

      On the way home, I tried to find the offending piece of lumber in the daylight, tried to find it again this morning on the slooooooooooow drive in but there was nothing. Somewhere, someone has a piece of wood with my cars dna all over it.

      Delete
  3. These are lovely. Thank you for sharing in pictures. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete