The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Thursday, October 11, 2012

My car has a booboo :(

My car was attacked by flying lumber this morning.  Some idiot person in a pickup truck did not tie down their load and some pieces went airborne. Not sure the idiot pickup driver was even aware the lumber left the truck. The small car in front of me was able to veer into the other lane, clipping the flying wood, sending it my way.  I had 2 choices, let the lumber hit the car or veer and hit the dually in the lane next me.  I choose option 1.  Thankfully, my car came away with only a broken grill, headlamp and messed up back door.  I believe had it not been for the car in front of me clipping the flying wood, it would have bounced and possibly come into my windshield.

 It was dark thirty and this particular stretch of road has no shoulder so I opted not to stop and pick up the offending piece of wood.



The grill is not too bad.



The light doesn't look bad but it is pushed in on the side and if you push the light back into place next to the grill, the headlights go off.  Not good!



My office building is reflected in the side making it harder to see the damage.

Last year, this car was given to me as a gift.  The couple wanted someone to have it who needed it (I did) and who would take care of it (uh-oh).  I miss my Toyota and often wish I was still driving it, however, I am grateful for this older (1999) and bigger car today.  Not sure my little Toyo would have taken the hit as well as this car.

I sure am hoping my guardian angel is getting plenty of rest before I head home tonight :)


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are okay!!

    So sorry that the car took a lickin'... I hope that the repairs will be minimal, and this car will keep tickin'... until you don't need it anymore.

    ReplyDelete