The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Sunday, October 7, 2012

Spring in the fall

We've had some rain and slightly cooler temps, only in the 90's.  This was my yard on Saturday morning.  It was just bursting with color I usually only see in the spring.


This is a rescued windmill.  Someone threw it away because it had 2 broken blades.  I have not been able to get the blades fixed properly but a little duct tape, some clips and lots of paint and I love it.  I have had it for a couple of years, usually with sunflowers around it.  This year, I planted a clock vine but until now, the clock vine did not do well.  It is so pretty.

 
Although you probably can't tell much, every plant in my front yard is in bloom.
 

Lantana comes in so many colors; pink, lavendar, yellow, yellow/orange, orange, orange/red.  I have plants of them all.  Love it when they all bloom at once.




A little more lantana.




Mom's Texas Yellow Bells.  They are just getting started.  Can't wait for them to get big enough to fill the bedframe.



And some more lantana.




Here is a sage with some lantana in the background.



My once a year blooming crepe myrtle has now bloomed for a second time.




The other side of the front yard.  Mom's new birdbath (the leaning stand) has now found a much better location where it does not lean.  My front yard has so many tree roots, it is difficult to find a place to stick things in the ground.



The butterfly bush is almost in full bloom.


In a few days, this Fall Aster and its friends will be in full bloom.  I will try to remember to get a picture.


Mom planted zinnias and only a few came up all summer.  Now the bed is full.  Can't wait to see them grown and in full color.




These are soon to be bluebonnets.  You could say they are about 7 months late in coming up or 5 months early. Either way, these bluebonnets are definitely out of season.  Will be nice to see them in bloom.


I sure am enjoying this taste of spring in the fall.

2 comments:

  1. You place looks great. Isn't it wonderful how a little rain and some cool weather perks things up - including me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! you have so much color now...good for you. your outdoors looks great!

    ReplyDelete