The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Sunday, November 11, 2012

Garage sale

 I live at the back part of the community and in previous years, it was hard to get people to drive the 3 miles back for a garage sale.  Through the past years, instead of having a garage sale, the things I did not want were put at the end of the driveway with a free sign.  Of course, I might have made about $30 - $40 if I had sold it all so for me, it wasn't worth it.

About 3 years ago, at the end of my street, they opened up a private community, which increased traffic on our deadend street.  Plus, foot traffic has encreased tremendously.  When I first moved in, I might have seen a couple of walkers in the evening or on the weekend.  Now, there are many families who come walking the road.

Anyway, my neighbor and I both decided to have garage sales and God really blessed us.  The traffic was slow and steady.  Mom and I sold all but 10 items, 5 of which were given to me by a friend just to get the items out of her house.  My neighbor did equally well.

I was selling things really cheap just to get rid of them.  All in all, I made enough money to have someone come replace some trim boards on my front porch and put some back for future repairs.  Not sure what mom is going to do with her half.

The question that boggles my mind, How is it, that even though I just sold a carport and driveway full of furniture, linens, garden stuff etc, my home still feels cluttered?

1 comment:

  1. good for you! I got many of my kids toys at garage sales, and I know there are bargains to be found...maybe you will have a spring sale again!!

    ReplyDelete