The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A little bit of news!

So little to say and so little time to write about it. 

Had my garage sale.  We were nickel and dimed to death but made enough to pay for 1/3 of the tree work I need done.  Thankfully the tree man is willing to let me make payments on the 10 trees that have so much dead in them to be removed.

I have sold 8 quilts and have 4 more to make (requested ones).  In cleaning out my storage room, I found 5 more containers of flannel.  I am checking to see if there is a local flannelaholics in the vicinity.

We harvested our first honey.  Here is our first jar. 





I have 6 more gift bags to make.  Waylon's co-worker wants ones with chickens but she also took this one.  Not sure where my friend bought this dog food but wish she would be buy more so I can have the bags.


 
Waylon helped me on a 2 week housesitting job.  Truthfully, he did 99.9% of the work, which enabled me to work late, go fishing and prepare for the garage sale. He did an excellent job taking care of the menagerie of animals plus keeping up with the plants and housework.  He got paid big bucks and most it has been applied on his car repair bills.
 
I got to fish for 1 1/2 days.  We got close to 100 cats but only 15 were keepers.  We had a fish fry with our neighbor and enjoyed the delicious fresh catfish.
 
The getaway was great, no phones, no computers, no office work.  The downside was that due to the drought, there are no boat ramps or docks in the water.  One of the campsites made a dirt ramp down to the water, which meant we could get the boat in but I had to jump into the boat from the water.  Hard enough when you are short, even harder when you are short and overweight.  I still have bruises on my legs.
 
I thank God for the time away.  First time in 2 years Davey and I have gotten the opportunity to go fishing.
 
More importantly, I thank God for the changes I am seeing in Waylon.
 
As always, work is screaming at me so best close for now.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. That is great news! I'm happy that you got to go fishing! What I wouldn't give to go camping... The quilts are awesome, and the bags are so cool -- you do amazing work. :) Glad that everything is looking UP! Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete