The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Thursday, December 5, 2013

Just catching up!

I continue to work 7 days a week, although it is not all day long on Saturday and Sunday.  Hard to keep my mind off the job.  Hopefully working weekends will stop after Christmas.  My boss will retire November 2014 or possibly sooner.  I continue to look for work but nothing is available with the wage to even pay my mortgage.  Just waiting on God to provide one.  He has never let me down.  It is hard to even think about working someplace else after 17 years at the same job.  I love being a one girl office but it has its downsides.

I have 5 more quilts to make but only one is needed before Christmas.  By the time these are done, I will have made 29 quilts. 

We are due icy road conditions for the next week, which is VERY UNUSUAL.  Most often we have 1 ice day and it is late January or early February.  Our little town is in the hill country and we are not setup for icy road conditions.  I am hoping I can work from home tomorrow, when it is at its worst and just go in later next week.   I take it we are in for a bad winter, which I know we need but I do not want.

I have 8 Christmas stockings to make.  Found some really cute OOP flannel portly penguins.  There is not enough for complete stockings, so I am having to get creative.  I sure have ordered what available when I first saw it but love getting creative.

Mountain cedar is starting to arrive which usually means a lot of breathing issues for all, especially mom and Waylon.

Mom's job ended when they put Kris in memory care at Arbor House.  Mom needed the break, after all, she is almost 80.  She still helps watch Pauline, who is 99, once or twice a week so her family can go grocery shopping etc.  Mom just needs to fix Pauline a meal, help her to the bathroom and read to her.

Waylon got laid off from the post office again and so he is back out looking for work.  So far, not much available.

It is now 5 am and I need to get ready for work.  I need some things from Walmart first so best get busy.  Praying my life priorities are able to get in sync after Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment