The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Monday, December 16, 2013

Just a little news!

I made 10 Christmas stockings, just need to add the names. 





On Sunday, I made 2 loaves of Green Chili Cheese bread and 12 loaves of Hobbit Bread.  The GCC is for my boss for Christmas.  The Hobbit Bread is for all our friends and neighbors.  During our cooking marathon, mom's 1954 Sunbeam Mixmaster died.  It will be missed.

Waylon decorated the house today, getting ready for his sister and her 3 kids arrival on Friday night. We will have our Christmas with them this weekend.  I bought aprons for the kids to paint and then use on Saturday when they make their own pizzas for lunch.  Each kid has a snowman to paint plus we are all making mason jar snow globes.  Saturday night we will do our Christmas before they head home on Sunday. 

After Friday, I will get to work from home until after New Year. Not much of a vacation but I will take what I can get.

Grateful for the 70 degree weather we are to experience this week.  Unless Texas' changes it mind, we will have pleasant and warm weather on Christmas Day.  Instead of steak, we are smoking a brisket on the grill for our Christmas day dinner.  I will make some Green Chili Cheese bread to go along with the brisket.

Waylon took a 2 week babysitting job (4 kids).  At least during the day he will still be able to look for work online, although I doubt there will be much happening until January.

Life has slowed slightly.  I actually slept 6 hours the other night.  Best night sleep in a while.

Guess I best to get work on those 4 quilts that are begging to be sewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment