The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Updates!

I finally had a weekend off.  Almost 1 1/2 years with only one full day off.  Yessiree, I enjoyed the weekend.  Most of Saturday was spent just piddling around the house, tending to way too many neglected chores, etc.  Sunday I had to drive an hour away.  Got in my car and started jamming with Jesus!  An hour up and an hour back = 2 hours of praise and worship.  Sooooooo good and refreshing.  Got back home and spent the afternoon reading, watching a movie and dozing. 

I did not realize how exhausted I was until I stopped.  I pray that soon my energy levels are back up.  I have lots of quilts to make.

Out of the Shoebox Bookkeeping is officially open for business.  I have 2 clients so far, a handyman service and a lady who owns a cupcake shop.  They are small and between the 2 of them, it will take about 2 hours a month to do their books.  A CPA from Austin has some clients that I can help.  Most of them just don't want to sit at a computer and do the books, which is good for me.   I have some time to grow my business before I am without a steady paycheck.

Within the last 2 weeks, 2 of my neighbors have died.  Orville was such a precious man of God.  His wife of 65 years will miss him, as will so many others.  Cleo was single, her Floyd died a few years ago.  She had been married 4 times, outliving them all.  She was so funny, always cheerful.  She will be missed.  After informing my boss I had another funeral to attend, my boss tells me I better be careful.

We have had one of the worst winters in about 15 years; weeks of wet weather and freezing temps.  I know it was nothing compared to places that got buried under snow but for us, who are not used to this long winter, it was bad.  There were days we did not get out of the 20's.  We did not get any major rains, just light moisture.  Drought conditions are still severe.

Spring has arrived.  Temps in the 80's some days or like tomorrow, we will barely get out of the 30's.  Bluebonnets are popping up, mom has put in her garden, and we have seen some pregnant does.
So grateful for spring.

I will be getting to spend some time with a friend this Friday.  I decided to ask for off part of Friday, head over to Fredericksburg for an annual rummage sale before going to work at Davey's.  It will be so good to spend time with Rhonda before she has her knee replacement surgery and can't go places for awhile.

Having a life again is awesome!





2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you actually have time to breathe again! Hope everyone is doing okay, and I'd be glad to send you whats left of our two-foot deep snow cover. Might have to work on the logistics of getting it there, though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for thinking of me in regards to your leftover snow. While I would love some snow ice cream, I think I will stick with my sun shiny 80 degree days.

      Delete