The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Monday, March 3, 2014

Everyone needs a Judy

My friend Judy is going through her 3rd time with cancer.  Amy, her youngest daughter works for the Bobby Bones show.  They talked about Judy's choice to have joy through cancer.  The Bobby Bones show shared Cristi's, blog about her mom. Cristi is Amy's sister.  When you have the opportunity, please read this.  Also, take a listen to Amy share on the audio bit they have on the website.

http://www.bobbybones.com/articles/what-we-talked-about-457650/blog-the-blessing-and-the-mess-12102468/

In the audio bit, they talk about Pimpin for Joy.  Here is a Pimpin for Joy video, starring Judy.  I hope you enjoy it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcv-y6ZI2sU&feature=sharecontrol


 5 times, the doctors thought I had breast cancer.  5 times, I did not. I am not sure I would have chosen joy. Had I actually had cancer, I pray there would have been a Judy there passing out a good dose of joy along with the chemo.

Judy was my mentor when I first became a Christian.  She walked with me as I dealt with a lot of hurt and pain. Judy, being Judy, kept speaking truth into my life, kept pointing me to the cross, kept battling for me on her knees.  I am honored to know her and privileged to have been mentored by her.

Everyone needs a Judy in their life.

2 comments:

  1. Someday God will have to explain to me just why someone having the strength to overcome REQUIRES that they must be given more to overcome. It has to get frustrating. But I suppose maybe if I (in a general everybody sense) didn't whine over our little frustrations, maybe people like Judy wouldn't have to suffer to be an example to us. Tell her I'll be praying... and I'm sorry for my part in her suffering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy is such a woman of faith. I can't imagine her doing anything else but choosing joy.

      You should have seen her take a stand for her marriage, when here husband chose to live with another woman. Judy did not feel God wanted her to file for divorce. For 9 years, she chose joy, even when her husband would attend various functions for his children and bring his mistress.

      I admire her and truly respect her. A very strong woman of faith.

      Delete