The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Monday, March 24, 2014

New packaging

Over the last years God has been working to heal me from the inside out.  It has been very painful and while there is still healing on the horizon, I am in a much better place.  I have gone in and out of depression and found my energy level to be very low.  These past few years have also been a time of God growing me in my walk.  And no, I am not any taller but silly me thought I had to grow the outside of me to accommodate the inside growth. 

But enough is enough.  I am 70 lbs overweight and being only 5' tall, that is a BIG problem.  My being overworked for 18 months is no excuse for my obesity.  So starting Saturday, things are changing.  The new inside of me is going to get new packaging. I figured if I blog about it, I will have some accountability to myself to keep me on track.  My 2 single friends are single no more and it is harder to find someone to hold me accountable.

I start a housesitting job Saturday, which means I will be getting more exercise while feeding the chickens, sheep, dogs, fish etc.  More activity is a very good thing, especially since I have lived at a computer for 18 months.  There is no junk food in Julie's house so unless I buy it, I will have no cause to nibble.  My mom keeps an abundance of junk food at my house and my willpower is non-existent, especially when I am exhausted. Honestly though, my biggest downfall is Dr. Pepper.

I have tried to start walking at work but the weather has not been that cooperative.  We have our first hummingbirds so I think most of the cold weather is behind us.

Now is also a great time to start changing my eating habits.  I am a salt-aholic.  I have low blood pressure and in my mind, eating all those dill pickle sunflower seeds and vinegar & salt chicharrones is OK.  I am going to be 58 this year and procrastinating on taking care of myself is no longer an option.

To ice the cake, I just went through a bad 3 weeks with my anemia.  I was barely able to make it through the day and once I got home, all I wanted to do was sleep.

Now that my energy level is improving and I have a good place to start on the new me, it is a go. After I finish at Julie's, I have another housesitting job (no junk food there either) and then I will be back home.  Mom leaves on April 3 for a month long vacation.  All the junk food will be thrown out while she is away.  By the time she returns, I hope to have my energy, as well as my willpower restored.

Pray I stay strong and encouraged.  A lifestyle change is very needed and now is the time to do it.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with this. If you ever need prayer, just shoot me an e-mail (it's on my profile). I tried Dr Pepper once as a little kid. Spit it back out and never tried it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the offer for prayer. I need all the help I can get. I too often let stress rule my eating and exercising habits. As for the Dr. Pepper, what can I say. It's a Texas thing!!!!!!!

      Delete