The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Friday, April 4, 2014

Chick on a stick

Julie has one chicken who is adamant about roosting on the fence instead of instead in the coop, which gets locked at night to prevent wild critter raids.  A chick on the fence is likely to become someone's dinner so every night, I have to hoist her down.  The first two nights, I dealt with being beat by her flapping wings while I tried to unclench her claws from the fence.  I am 5' and the fence is a little over 6' so it is hard for me to "lift and separate" her from the fence.  I decided to see if I could poke her, causing her to let go of the fence and jump down, at which point I could easily corral her into the coop.

What did she do instead of unclenching her claws?  She grabs hold of the stick.  I lifted her down and seriously, she rode all the way to the coop.  This has happened for several nights now.  Last night, I took my cell phone with me and snapped a pic of "her highness" riding her stick to the coop.

Chick on a Stick
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! I'd have used a garden hose, and probably not near as effectively.

    ReplyDelete