The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Monday, April 30, 2012

A home in a hill

Took an unexpected side trip Saturday.  Coming back from working at Davey's, I saw an estate sale sign and I thought, "why not?"  10 miles and a one lane dirt road later, I came upon the estate sale.  First though, I had to cross a one lane bridge, go up a steep, rutted road, just to get to the house.  A 4 wheel drive vehicle would have been better than my car for sure.

Anyway, the sale was a bust but I got the joy of going through a house that was built into the side of a hill.  Small, nothing fancy but definitely different.  They did allow me to take a quick pic.


Not my first hillside home to view but the first one in this part of Texas!

2 comments:

  1. how interesting!! lucky you got to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cool! I remember a few underground homes (i believe one was in the side of a hill, as well) that i visited near Creedmoore, when i was a kid. I wonder if they are still there?

    I miss estate & garage sales!! (...and thrift stores!) Whenever i try explaining the concept to folks here, they are both impressed & mystified. They attribute garage sales to our affluent society in the U.S. (Things are used up until they are worn out here, and then left for people who gather recyclable items for a living.)

    I'd like to think i do my part for recycling (aside from actual recycling - which i do) by turning someone else's trash into treasure. It makes me feel like a [totally innocuous] pirate, of sorts. I love a good hunt (& a good deal)!

    ReplyDelete