The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Monday, May 7, 2012

Roo left :(

Going straight home from work and prop my feet up.  Well, it sounds good anyway.  We have had Roo over a week and this morning, he went back to his mom's.  I going to miss having a bed buddy.  Waylon started working 3 pm - midnight instead of nights, so I get to put Roo down at night. 

Last night, we got in bed to read our books.  Of course, Roo was still raring to go but I explained that MoMo needed some sleep in order to function at work.  He realized I meant business so he finally snuggled under the covers, gave me a good night kiss, we said our prayers and then he rolled over and went to sleep.  Once he was sound asleep,  I got him into his bed.  Of course, at the rate he is growing, I may not be able to do that much longer.

My heart hurts that Roo is having to go through so much.  Kris tells him Waylon is his father and that Zeke (her new husband) is his daddy.  Roo maybe young but he is conflicted already.  Roo loves Waylon so much.  When Waylon is at home, it is like there is no one else in the room.  Of course, Waylon is the one who would stay up with him all night, even after working all day because Kris needed her sleep (will keep my mouth shut on this one).  When they would come for a visit, Roo only wanted to be where Waylon was, not have much to do with Kris.  Waylon has a very strong bond with Roo.

A friend posted this on facebook today.  It reminded me that I need to see things from God's perspective.

"...I had been calling this event a tragedy. Then one day the Lord spoke to me very clearly. It was as if He said, “Josh, you’re looking at it all wrong. Tragedy is not your daughter growing up with two legs that don’t work. Tragedy is your daughter growing up with two legs that work, and walking away from me in her heart. Tragedy is her growing up with two legs that work, and her finding identity in how fast those legs carry her around a track, rather than finding her identity in my Son who carried her sins on His shoulders.”

--Pastor Josh McPherson, on his daughter's diagnosis of Spina Bifida

3 comments:

  1. Yes, Roo is really in a bad place. God's blessing to him, though, is his MoMo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the perspective from this pastor...i think that is the attitude for life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks CW. I am grateful I get to be a refuge for him, a place of security and stability. I am even more grateful I get to share Jesus with him.

    Annmarie, I couldn't agree more, although I think it may be easier said than done. A friend of mine lost her husband, her middle son and then her youngest son, all within a 5 year period. Sunday, during our Bible study, she said that she "made a choice" to believe the God of the Bible and that these losses were not to punish her or whatever else satan chose to whisper to her. It makes sense that we can make a choice to have this attitude, this heavenly perspective, in all things!

    I know I am grateful for my brothers and sisters in Christ who encourage and remind me to stay focused on the heavenly perspective when all looks bleak.

    ReplyDelete