The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Friday, April 6, 2012

I have shingles!

This was sent out to my email prayer group in 2009.
 
Yesterday, I got a new roof. My old one was less than 2 years old but a hailstorm had cracked enough shingles to negate the 30 year warranty. John (my ex) is a roofer. He was here when the hailstorm hit. Talk about a God thing.  I had not seen him in 20 years.  Wife #3 had passed away and he came to see Waylon (the 1st time in 19 years). He stayed at my house so he was here when the storm hit.  He brought his crews back to roof it, which saved me some money (ain't that a PRAISE).
 
 

John made a comment about the number of people reporting damage and then taking the money to use for things other than a roof. Having been married to a roofer, I know that even though the shingles look OK, the ones slightly cracked will eventually break, opening the door to a possible leak and even more serious damage.  Cracked shingles mean a home has lost its protection.
 
 

How many times have we let a crack in our shingles (aka, our relationship with God) go unrepaired?   This may be the only time I say this, but I am sure glad I have shingles!!

1 comment: