The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His Love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joys. ~Zephaniah 3:17~



Thursday, April 5, 2012

A little poison can't hurt or can it?

I have a very dear friend who is an absolute blessing to be around.  She is a great teller of events in her life so today, I am stealing one to share and then adding the insight God showed me.

My girlfriend and her husband were both raised in town.  They were given the opportunity to have some land in the country so they jumped in to being country folk raising chickens and goats.

The land had an ant problem so they determined to put out ant poison in places, such as around the barn.  Not long after putting out the poison, much to their dismay, they discovered all of their chickens had died. It took them awhile to realize their mistake. Of course, you probably saw where this story was headed; the chickens thought the poison was something yummy to eat. 

God showed me that this is how we can be.  Something or someone irritates us so we throw a little poison out (anger, gossip...).  Many times, our solution inflicts pains or deep wounds on innocent victims, like the chickens in the story.  People who look to us as an example of Christ are now confused by "our solution".  Too many times, people have seen my solution instead of seeing Christ in action.

Before spreading poison around, make sure only the ants will be the ones to eat it.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! When Jody asked me to be a guest blogger, it got my wheels to spinning so I posted some of my old stuff. The post I sent Jody was from 2009. I still laugh at myself for disconnecting the power.

      I am so glad God takes everyday happenings and gives me insight!

      BTW, did you get the overtime you anticipated?

      Delete
    2. Yes, both last week and this week. Unfortunately, somehow our lead man in cutting managed to con someone into letting him have a weeks vacation on the worst possible week (this one), which left me wearing many hats and getting what seemed like nothing done. A ton of our regular work to do, a heavy shipping week (which I get called away to help with), a bunch of retail orders coming, and two new cutters- one was one of the quickest studies we've ever had; the other I don't think could have been taught anything if Jesus came down and worked with him. Mercifully for me, Laurie got stuck with him; mercifully for Laurie, he called in late for Wednesday and never showed up again. I do feel for him; he's a kid, and thinks that living on mini-thins and benedryl is okay. I'm afraid he'll be paying for that sooner rather than later.

      Delete
    3. I am a one girl office. When we had more clients, it was nothing for me to work 50-60 hrs/week plus I had a parttime job.

      Sounds like you has a couple of cartoon characters in your midst, Quick Draw McGraw and Goofy.

      I had not ever heard of Mini Thins. Had to look it up. Poor Goofy. He keeps that up and he will never be a Quick Draw.

      Delete